Bed bugs

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
O
Outoftown
20 Posts
0 Thanks
I spoke to an advisor yesterday about this issue. I have a tenant who has been in the property for two and a half years and he has been an excellent tenant. There is now a problem with bed bugs in his room.

Prior to this problem occuring he had given notice to move out and has since decided to move out two weeks early because of the problem. Whilst he hasn't asked for that rent back given his recent attitude he may do so. Since it has happened two of the other tenants also gave notice. The advisor I spoke to said that he is responsible for sorting the problem out, including costs incurred. My understanding is that this is a bit of a grey area and I was wondering what your advice would be in terms of witholding deposit for the cost of paying a company to sort the problem out? I am also having to replace two mattresses to appease new tenants. Whilst the bug man told me that it wasn't strictly necessary, I prefer to be safe than sorry.

Any advice you can give is much appreciated.

04/08/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions