Unfair usage of central heating

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Unfair usage of central heating
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
4 Posts
0 Thanks
I Have a situation where we have a house owned by my son. He occupies the house himself and the lets 2 rooms out to 2 lodgers and the arrangement is that the rent includes all utilities, however over the last few months even though it is summer!! both of the tenants and one of them in particular has been turning the central heating on constant without any consultation and leaving it running all day..even when the house is unoccupied!!
My son having realised this is naturally dissapointed in the abuse of this facility..more so when he received a gas bill for nearly 800.00!!
Although the rent includes utilities surely to leave the heating on in this way is completly inconsiderate.
Would it be justified and legal for him to withold a lump of the deposit from each of the tenants to cover the cost of this HUGE gas bill
20/09/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions