Credit Unions

You are here : Member Forums Access Credit Unions
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
ALMAC
7 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi
Does anyone have any experience of Credit Unions? I understand they are non profit making 'banks' set up to cover specific areas (eg there would be one for South Manchester)to help individuals who cannot manage their money or run a normal bank account.
I have been advised that if housing benefit is paid into a credit union account with an arrangement that it is immediately sent to us, there is no claw back from me the landlord if the tenant disappears without warning or is found to be fraudulantly claiming.
In anticipation of the introduction of Universal Credit - and subject to more information on Credit Unions - we intend offering our tenants assistance managing their funds - this may take the form of an introduction to a Credit Union, so please let me know if you have any experience of them.
Last thing(s) - Can anyone explain why local councils automatically get HB paid directly from day one of a tenancy? Will this change with the introduction of Universal Credit? Also scratching my head when I heard the only benefit to continue to be paid directly after the intro of Universal Credit will be Council Tax...

10/01/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband