responsibility for arrears

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management responsibility for arrears
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
Phil
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a mother and adult son on an AST which is now on a rolling basis. I issued a Section 8 and Section 21 because of arrears and the judge was willing to sign the eviction order in September. As the mother said she had a new job, I asked for a 3 month deferment on the order to give them a chance. The son then contacted me to ask if he could pay his half direct to me as his mother had not been forwarding what he paid her.After an inital payment she has again defaulted. We return to court next week. I have just received a letter from the son asking to be taken off the tenancy as he has moved out and offering to pay me his half of the arrears to avoid the hearing. He says he has informed his mother of this and says she is now wholly liable. I have no wish to issue a new contract to her for obvious reasons but am not sure how to respond to the son as I appreciate his intentions but suspect the situation is not as easy as he would wish - help gratefully received please. Thank you
04/12/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband