transfers from agency to landlord managed

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management transfers from agency to landlord managed
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
Lynne & paul
3 Posts
0 Thanks
We have rented three properties that we have developed for more than six months using an agent, but have found their services lacking and have given them notice.

this ends in a few days and we will have to undertake all the tenancy stuff ourselves including insuring the deposits.

We have not had any experience of this but know that we need to get our paper work in order.

I have asked the agency to foward the tenancy agreements deposits etc . they have asked us for our agency number before we can get the deposits and doubt that we can get any of the tenancy agreements from them.
All our tenants have been in situ for more than 6 months for varying periods, so we are unable to give exact dates for the deposit guard and aren't sure what we need to do.
do you think the agent will have instigated another 6 month shorthold tenancy? i suppose we have to ask them this but feel we don't want to get into alot of arguements. i have written to advise them we need all the paper work by 31.07.2012 but we have not got any yet.

Im i correct in thinking that we will have to have new tenancy agreements ( i have no idea whose name the other agreements are in as i have not seen a copy) as well as insuring the deposits.

We have a fourth property in the same development that has not yet been rented out and we will be shortly starting from scratch as someone has shown an interest.

Could you please advise.

12/08/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband