Digital Signatures in AST from RLA

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Digital Signatures in AST from RLA
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Jonan
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,

I'm trying to complete the AST I've downloaded from the RLA members' page for a new tenancy and am unsure about how the process should work when it comes to the digital signatures, so I have a few questions:

1. Must I include location information (one of the fields that can be recorded when creating the digital ID) for it to be a legal document? Your 'Completion notes for AST' document appears to suggest this (notes for field 'u' conclude with the text 'for service of documents. This is your official address') although I suspect this is a formatting error with that completion notes document and the comment about the 'official address' actually relates to preceding field, 't'.

2. Do I complete the document, send it to my tenant for review, get them to digitally sign it then return to me, upon which I then digitally sign it, lock the document and return a copy to the tenant? All of this electronically, of course.

3. Are digital ID (signatures) valid for the AST to be legally binding?

Many thanks,

J

27/01/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions