ELECTRICAL TESTS

You are here : Member Forums Access ELECTRICAL TESTS
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Willeywonker
44 Posts
6 Thanks
Is it possible for some form of electrical safety certificate to be provided by a qualified sparks which does not mean certifying the property up to 17th edition standards?? I recently had a 1995 built flat certified and it failed because it did not comply withthe latest 17th Edition regs but was not unsafe as such and complied with the 16th edition.

I do not see every landlord wanting to constantly have new electrics installed or altered everytime a new edition of the regs come out or is this an excuse for landlords to be fleeced? I am sure every landlord wants his tenants to be safe but the never ending additions of onerous legistlation seems to being thought up by those that have nothing better to do with their time. My rented out property is to a higher standard than my own home! it has move smoke alarms co2 alarm fire blanket in the kitchen and 2 fire extinguishers!

20/04/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband