Tenant in arrears!

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Tenant in arrears!
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
30 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a tenant who signed a 3 month Tenancy agreement when she moved into our property on the 31st August 2012. This woman is now 2 months in arrears. She made an application for Housing benefit on the 23rd October 2012, the application is currently awaiting to be processed. Housing have now informed me that a safeguard decision has been made to award me the benefit once the application has been processed.

Howver I am extremely concerned about how I am going to get this woman out of our property.The Section 21 expires on the 30th November, which the tenant has already signed, and when I have been looking at the N5b form,Section 3 says "the (first) tenancy agreement was for a fixed term of not less than 6 months". I have previously spoken to the RLA regarding 3 month leases and was informed that I could draw up a 3 month lease, however the Bailiffs can not go to the property until a tenant has been in the property for 6 months?

I am worried that I will not be able to gain vacant possession of my property. The homeless department of Wakefield council have contacted me stating that they have told the tenant her rights on remaining in the property!!! Please can you advise me on my next step?

21/11/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband