An informal inspection from the council private housing team without my knowledge

You are here : Member Forums Access An informal inspection from the council private housing team without my knowledge
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
I
itsjustjoe
6 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a terraced house with 4 bedrooms that I let out on individual ASTs (it covers the ground and first floor only).

One of my tenants works for the council and helped my up by putting a notice up at work to see if any of her colleagues were interested in taking on a vacant room.

She has told me that the Private Housing team have told her they are going to do an "informal inspection". They have not contacted me and she has said they only will if there is any work to be done.

I have my gas safety check, 2 smoke alarms but no PAT testing, just normal doors, no extinguishers etc...

Does anyone know what position I am in legally regarding this informal inspection that I only know about because my tenant text me. Should I let this happen, or should I complain about potential unauthorised access to my premises with no formal notification?

Compulsory licencing is not required in my area and I don't otherwise meet the requirements for licencing.

11/03/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband