RollingTenancy and issue of a new AST

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management RollingTenancy and issue of a new AST
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
N
newby landlord
8 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello, I would like to request some advice please. The tenants in my property have been on a rolling contract for the past 3 months, the original tenancy expired on 9th September 2012. However now they are insisting on having a new AST issued to them. The original AST was issued by a letting agent who I used for tenant find services only. The letting agent says they will charge both myself and the tenant for a new AST. To avoid this charge is there any reason why I could not issue the new AST myself? I haven't seen anything in the Letting Agents agreement that says different. If I am able to do this, do I issue the new AST to start from whatever the current date is? The rent used to be due on the 10th of the month, can I still stick to this date or does it have to be the date of the new AST? Also will I need to issue a new S21 notice or will the old one still suffice?
The AST issued by the Letting Agent is 26 pages long compared to the RLA's Non-Deposit Guard AST, some of the clauses they have in it I would like to keep and add to an Addendum is there any rule on how long an Addendum should be? The Letting Agent's AST also has provision for the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 2, Ground 2 Notice that a Property let on an Assured Tenancy is subject to a Mortgage. Do I need to add this in again to the new AST?

Sorry for the long post,
Many Thanks

13/12/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband