Renew AST. or carry on to monthly contractual

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Renew AST. or carry on to monthly contractual
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Richy_565
20 Posts
3 Thanks
My tenant's 12 monthly contract runs out in June, he has indicated that he wishes to either sign a new contract for 6 months,a years contract with a 6 month clause or a rolling monthly contract. Which would be best for both parties? also if I wanted to increase the rent at the end of the existing term would I still be able to do this on the monthly contract and how much notice would I need to give. He has been a good tenant since August 07 and has had no increase in rent during this time. Prior to this last year the tenancy was handled by an agent which did automatically roll on to the monthly AST but I am not sure what would be best. If a new AST was issued would I also have to do a new inventory and would the deposit just stay in the deposit scheme. I would appreciate any advice from other landlords.
16/04/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband