What's the difference between tenancy based on Housing Act 1988 (secion 20 & 21) versus Law of P

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management What's the difference between tenancy based on Housing Act 1988 (secion 20 & 21) versus Law of P
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
250F
4 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi,

Advice needed please!

I currently rent my property to a property management company who guarantees my rental whether occupied or not. I've used them for a couple of years and they (not myself) are responsible for drafting the tenancy agreement. Previously this was an Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement based on the Housing Act 1988 (section 20 & 21), however for this year's renewal they have changed it to a Corporate Shorthold Tenancy Agreement based on the Law of Property Act 1925 (section 146). Please could someone advise me of the implications to me of signing a tenancy with a company that does corporate lets based on this new arrangement.

Your advice is most welcome.

Thanks.

04/01/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions