AST, do I include my daughter?

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management AST, do I include my daughter?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
RLA Member_673
4 Posts
0 Thanks
Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it anywhere on the forums.
We have bought a house for our daughter to live in whilt at university and are renting the spare rooms to her friends. I have used the RLA AST agreement and have treated my daughter as any other tenant named on the AST. One of the other tenants commented that he thought she should not be on the agreement as she is not paying rent (tecnically she is but I pay it direct rather than it passing through various accounts as theirs would)
His question made me think though..... We were advised that we should set up AST's for the other tenants rather than have our daughter as residential landlord and her friends with grants to occupy as there will be 6 of them in total and it stretches the 'rent-a-room' principle too far. We had perhaps wrongly assumed we should include her in the tenancy.
I have collected deposits and paid into TDS, from the others, but not from her. All of them will share the cost of all utility bills.

Has anyone any experience in this area please?
Regards
Kate

04/04/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions