tenants' false allegations of intimidation & harassment

You are here : Member Forums Other tenants' false allegations of intimidation & harassment
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
SueSmith
17 Posts
0 Thanks
My only rental property, my own home: Tenants been served with sec 21. Informed by Local Council Housing Dept by email that the Housing Dept have told tenants to stay till bailiff removal. Note tenants employed and there were other good properties to let locally. Have since had at least 5 long letters emailed from Housing Dept alleging I have been intimidating & harassing. I have been overseas and have not communicated with the tenants apart from RLA sec 21 and a simple letter confirming that I would not extend the tenancy (the request 3 wks before end of tenancy). Now housing staff have informed police with threats by Housing Dept of taking action against me, but refusing to give any details of the allegations.

Nothing has occurred, though the Housing Dept adament that whatever has been alleged has taken place, but repeatedly refusing to give any details so that I cannot prove that I wasn't in the country or elsewhere ie. confirm that these allegations are fabricated.

I understand that one can make a formal request for details of the allegations from the council under the civil procedures. Any other advice?

I have started accelerated possession the day after tenants should have moved out under the sec 21 notice.

12/04/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband