Who goes on the Tenancy Agreement?

You are here : Member Forums Other Who goes on the Tenancy Agreement?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi, the chap due to be renting our house had a MARAS reference and wanted to go on the tenancy agreement alone as he will be paying the rent. His reference was fine. His fiancee is to live there with him but was not to go on the tenancy agreement. However, we were advised that they should both go on the tenancy (we were told all over 18's living in the property should be) so I did it in both their names and they both signed. The problem is, I am struggling to organise Rent Guarantee Insurance because she did not have a full reference done. I've done a basic credit check through RLA and nothing jumps out as bad but I haven't the funds to fork out 99 to get another MARAS reference done. Also, she is unlikely to get a pass as she is not on a permanent contract at work (this is why they are renting rather than buying). Should I redo our Owner Occupier Tenancy Agreement in just his name and rip up the other ones? They are due to move in on Friday.. It's all so complicated it's stressing me out! TIA
31/01/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband