Gas Cert not received from Gas Safe Plumber

You are here : Member Forums Other Gas Cert not received from Gas Safe Plumber
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
Lizbet
85 Posts
2 Thanks
I requested that a Gas Safe plumber do a Landlord Cert for me, I posted him the key and after he had done it he left the key on the mantel piece in the house. Several months passed and I realised that I hadn't received the Cert or the bill for it. I keep asking him for it and he keeps telling me that he will put it in the post but it never arrives.

I have now got another Gas Safe plumber to do me another cert, he has found a potential problem with a fire that the previous plumber had installed only a year ago, and I have asked him to upgrade the installation.

In the mean time the tenant is threatening to take me to court for not providing a Current cert. Do I have a leg to stand on? I feel that I have acted appropriately but failed to ensure that the 1st plumber had done the job that I had asked him to do. He hasn't told me that he didn't do it, I just presume that he didn't!

The tenat is a particularly dificult individual who will try to get something out of it if she possibly can do.

31/01/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband