Debt Collection Agency Refuses to Release collected rental arrears

You are here : Member Forums Other Debt Collection Agency Refuses to Release collected rental arrears
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I am having trouble getting money owed to me by a well known debt collection agency.

The agency was instructed by my Estate Agent to collect the money from the tenant on my behalf. This has been carried out successfully but the Estate Agent has ceased to trade and left their premises without informing me. I now have learnt to do a better investigation of Estate Agents believe me.

The debt collection agency has stated that because the debt account was allocated under the Estate agents name and we were only entered on the account as the landlord they do not have to disclose anything to us. They continue to hide behind the data protection act and I cannot get a basic yes or no response to any questions. They have not refused to pay me the money but have not said they are going to.

They have proved to themselves that the Estate Agent no longer trades and I have mentioned Citizens Advice, Office of Fair Trading and other people I will be forced to go to.

I have phoned and Emailed them all the time and do not know what to do

Any ideas please as what our rights to the money is and how to force them to return the money to us.

Thanks

SA

03/09/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband