Guarantor

You are here : Member Forums Other Guarantor
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
N
Nora
44 Posts
0 Thanks
Please see info below, I sent this to the helpdesk and have received a response but it hasnt answered my question regarding how I charge the guarantor for the time the house cannot be let due to the damage being repaired.ie through an extra months rent or just list it as a loss, would appreciate a response asap please

I accepted a housing benefit tenant with her father as guarantor, I used all the RLA forms ( so far so good) the tenant has moved on leaving the house uninhabitable, what I want to know is can I claim one months rent while the house is being put back to its original state? or do I just list it as a loss along with all the other costs and claim it that way, the guarantor has been to see a solicitor who has written to say they accept no further responsibility now the tenant has vacated, but it was made pretty clear right from the start what the obligations of a guarantor were, (he has paid allbeit reluctantly the rent that was owing)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13/10/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband