NEGLIGENT REPRESENTATION

You are here : Member Forums Other NEGLIGENT REPRESENTATION
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
6 Posts
0 Thanks
I recently used the services of the mortgage company that was linked to RLA website. No problem until I used the conveyancing solicitor recommended to me by the mortgage company through RLA.
I paid the conveyancer 300 on account to begin local authority searches. The property completed 6 weeks later and I asked the solicitor for a copy of the searches only to be told that had 'forgot' to action the searches. I complained they had allowed me to purchase a 100 year old property without carrying out searches I had paid for and was negligent in jeopardising my rights to know what I purchased.
The solicitor amended my bill the 300 and has offered to pay for an 'indemnity insurance' with L&C contingency to cover any future problems that may arise. I am not totally comfortable with this as in the back of my mind if there is a problem it will be a headache to sort out as I know how insurance companies are.
The solicitor is totally negligent for 'forgetting' to action local authority searches and their offer of an imdemnity insurance appears short on resolve.
Any advice would be grateful.
12/10/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband