Problems with tenants not paying their utility bills

You are here : Member Forums Other Problems with tenants not paying their utility bills
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
L J S Properties
4 Posts
0 Thanks
I have recently had a tenant move out, (and leave the place filthi dirty)she did not give me the full months notice as required in the agreement.

Two days later I noticed that the blinds at the property had been opened. On further investigation I found that the patio door lock had been drilled out and a new lock fitted. the keys to this lock had been pushed through the front door letterbox, with a note from a utilities company, they had broken in after climbing over the yard wall, entered the property as dicribed above. They then changed the electric meter to a prepayment one with a dept of 851.

I was furious as they had removed the original locks that had keys that the tenants could not duplicate locally, they also damaged the rubber seal on the door. I telephoned the police to report a break in. Luckily I got an officer who was sympathetic to a landlord as he was one himself. He called the company who in turn called me back. They were very unrepentant as they said they had a court order to enter the property and change the meter. I now have to register with this company before I can change the meter back to the original supplier. Has anyone else had this problem and is there anything I can do about it?

15/02/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions