PO BOX Address - Local Authority & Tenants

You are here : Member Forums Other PO BOX Address - Local Authority & Tenants
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Antoni
10 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi Guys,

Is it acceptable for me to give the local authority a PO Box address..?? I have recently come off the electoral register in my LA. And am moving to another Local Authority. They have pressed me for my new address but I have told them I have not found anywhere to live yet and am just living with a friend. And I am not impressed with there pressurising attitude. I was using my parents address for correspondence only (as I move around developing) but as they are on council tax benefits the council stopped them as I was working. So I took my name off the electoral register and told them I had moved to another LA. Do I have a legal obligation to inform them of my new address in my new LA. Or can I just say I have moved to another LA and advise them of my PO Box address for correspondence.

Also is ok to use a PO Box address on tenancy agreements. Although this is not a problem as I can still give me parents address for the AST's and correspondence as this has nothing to do with the council. Or does it? Please advise..??

Many thanks

Antoni

20/10/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions