Environmental Health Officer Inspection

You are here : Member Forums Other Environmental Health Officer Inspection
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
88 Posts
3 Thanks
I have had an inspection of a property by a council official. The reason why the council official called at the property was that there was a condensation problem at the property generated by the tenant due to poor management of that property and i told the tenant to call out the council for a second opinon,as he did not believe that to solve the problem he would have to change his ways!
After telling the tenant what i had already told him on how to resolve the condensation problem. The council official informed me that i need to cover the main fuse board in the property because its position at the bottom of the stairs leaves it susceptable to damage. In the 10 years i have had the property the board has never been damaged. I nor the tenant feel that the fuse board needs to be covered.
He also tells me that there are an insufficient number of sockets in the property and he wants me to increase the number in each room.

Can the council force me to carry out work to the fuse board and sockets if either i nor the tenant feel that the work is neccesary?



22/02/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
John Pye Auctions