Steps between saying yes and providing the keys
I'm new to this business and I just wanted to confirm the following is correct.
0. Ask tenants lots of questions, making sure they are properly interested and can afford the rent.
1. Show tenancy agreement, agree details and confirm it is sufficient for their needs.
2. Take a holding deposit of half a month and explain to them if the references return badly or they don't come up with the cash it is non-refundable. If I change my mind it is refundable.
3. Sign a pre-tenancy agreement.
4. Complete references, checks & forms. Identity, employers ref, previous landlord ref, show bank statements, complete tenancy app form & personal details form.
5. Ensure all funds are cleared in bank.
6. Put deposit in government approved holding scheme.
7. Sign tenancy agreement along with s21 forms.
8. Hand keys over.
Is this about right?
Want to read more?
This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.