Communal boiler condemned

You are here : Member Forums Other Communal boiler condemned
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
E
elypunt
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I own a flat in a building that is serviced by a communal gas boiler which is maintained by the landlord.
Seven days ago the boiler was shut down after a safety inspection and despite daily prompting to the landlord repairs have still not been completed. This is due to delay in supply of parts according to the landlords spokesman.

My tenancy agreement includes heating in the rent and despite providing alternate electric heaters my tenant is complaining about the additional cost of heating the flat and is arguing for compensation for the discomfort caused.

I will discuss some compensation for the additional cost of heating during the repair period however I would be interested to hear your view on my obligations to compensate for discomfort. How would this be quantified?

Additionally do I have any claim on the landlord as far as these matters are concerned?
They have claimed that by providing an electric fan heater to my tenant they have fulfilled any obligation.
Regards and thanks
Michael Barnes

24/02/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband