Shared chimney requires taking down / capping - who is responsible?

You are here : Member Forums Other Shared chimney requires taking down / capping - who is responsible?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
John_S
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I own a terraced property which has a shared chimney. My tenant recently went to have a TV aerial installed and it was noted that the chimney had a few bricks that were loose. I have had quotes and a builder is ready to commence work, also the council planning officer has visited and said that the capping of the chimney is needing to be carried out ASAP. The problem is that next door which shares the chimney is also a rented property. I have tried contacting the landlord via the letting agency (for 3 weeks now!) and have had no reply, I have informed them that this is a health and safety matter and both myself and the other landlord would be liable if an accident was to occur. Could you please me and inform me where i stand regarding the law in this matter. Can i have the work carried out even though i can not contact the other landlord and how would i go about getting payment for their half of the chimney?
06/06/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband