Uninhabitable property duely repaired but tenant desserting.

You are here : Member Forums Other Uninhabitable property duely repaired but tenant desserting.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
Caller
286 Posts
3 Thanks
Hi,

An internal sewerage pipe broke servicing the five flats above and leaked into a tenants kitchen. From the date of discovery of the problem to complete reinstatement of the flat it has taken 20 days. Obviously the flat has been uninhabitable for that time.

After about 14 days the tenant notified me she was not going to return to the premises because the work had taken longer the anticipated 10 or so days. I inspected the premises to discover she has "done a runner" and all her possession had been removed.

I told her that I required the contactual notice of one month. But now we are disagreeing about her deposit.

Irrespective of what losses my insurers will pay out. What is the position over my requirement for her to give a months notice. Is it a legitimate requirement?

ivr

01/08/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions