Welcome help from the banks for small businesses ?

You are here : Member Forums Other Welcome help from the banks for small businesses ?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
3 Posts
1 Thanks
With the sources of credit tightening , I decided to keep an increased facility available at the bank to cover eventualities in our residential letting portfolio.I have 2 business accounts with Natwest and the 12k overdraft facility on each (although largely unused )is now due for annual review.

Annual visit to Business Manager's office yesterday ( no coffee this time - times are hard) armed with portfolio spreadsheet showing plenty of equity and , thanks to recent rate cuts and mostly tracker mortgages , healthy and improving income too.

Expecting (naievely?)simply,to review the situation and continue the existing facilities +10k for eventualities(at 2% over Bank Base)imagine my amusement to be told that their new overdraft rate is 6.99% over base!!! This is not a typo !! Oh and 187 renewal fee on each account for administration plus a fee of 150 to add 10k to one account!

Good job I don't need the money !

" If at times like this you can smile, you simply don't understand the situation (or you have a good lawyer!)"

13/11/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions