Court hearing for damages - hearing on Friday this week

You are here : Member Forums Other Court hearing for damages - hearing on Friday this week
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
11 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear Sir,

I've a County Court hearing this week against former Tenants. Can you please advise on whether there is anything else I might do and whether my invoices/quotes are sufficient. Details as follows...

Claim is for damage and theft. Tenant was arrested, charged and admitted the theft. I've not replaced all the stolen goods yet, however I have quotes... Question..... I PRESUME THAT QUOTES ARE OK< THAT I NEED NOT HAVE ACTUALLY REPLACED THE ITEM, AND THE FACT THAT I HAVE PROVED THE LOSS SUFFERED WILL BE SUFFICIENT?

For the damage.... total claim is for 3,800 (less deposit). I took quotes and have receipts. For the main items I have receipts but for some of the smaller items I do not. For the non essential work (such as replacing damaged garden furniture) I've not had the work done yet. Questions...

1) As with the theft, presumably I only need prove the value of loss, not that I have (yet) paid out. The reason that I;ve not paid yet is that these items were not essential for reletting and I simply could not afford to at that time.

2) For the work that I have had done, presumably quotes/receipts are OK? I don't need to show bank statements etc, as some of the money was borrowed and therefore the payments are not all on my statements. The contractors telephone numbers and address etc is on the receipts and can be verified if neccessary.

3) For some of the small items I don;t have receipts, for example cleaning, and door handle changes totalling around 250 in total. I know that I should have got a receipt however I needed the work done quickly so that I could re let it and therefore paid informally.

Many thanks

17/11/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband