Planning Issue

You are here : Member Forums Other Planning Issue
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
sharky
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,

this is a question regarding a planning dispute that has arisen with the local city council regarding a property I already own.

In short I bought the property in 2005. At this time the property was divided into 4 separate flats. I believe the council have received a complaint and I have now received a letter from the council demanding the property be returned to one dwelling house.

I understand that if I am able to prove that the property has been in continuous use as four flats they will not be able to enforce this. So far I have furnished them with Utility bills (gas) for the properties indicating four flats but this appears to be insufficient.

I have also visited the Land Registry website, this indicates four properties at this address but again they all have the same register and title plan number. I am confused, is it likely the more detailed plan might offer more relevant information?

Tomorrow I will be attending the local library where the are shortened copies of the Electoral Roll. However, having completed a search via an On-line search provider it looks like I may only be able to prove four years continuous use for two of the four flats, is this likely to be a problem?

I am also considering writing to the Council under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act as Council Tax is paid on all four flats

I would also be interested to hear any further suggestions you may have that may help my case. Thank you.

Neil

28/02/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions