Landlord Certificates

You are here : Member Forums Other Landlord Certificates
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
0 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,

Two years ago, I decided to get rid of my rental agent who did everything for the property including arrangement of gas and electric landlord certificates. When I took over, I simply joined the British Gas homecare which checks all electrical wiring, drains, boiler etc. I only realised this year that they did not issue the previous tenants with a certificate except for a report that passes all the tests. While I was abroad 3 months ago, the current tenants had a problem with the boiler and it blew up. I had it replaced whilst I was away, but on my return, they wanted me to provide them with a landlord certificate, which I found out British Gas did not issue. I have just had it done and now have the current certificate. The tenants will not let the issue go even though they want to give notice and want a copy of the previous one that confirms I had a certificate when they moved in. I have contacted British Gas who are posting me a copy of all safety checks which are all passed with no problems. Is this going to be enough? If not, what would happen?

Please ring me on 07947 730721 if this is too confusing.

Cheers,

Veronica Mitchell

28/03/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions