Tenant Disappeared

You are here : Member Forums Other Tenant Disappeared
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Rob
3 Posts
0 Thanks
I had a very good tenant who was Turkish. She had run her own business in the town for some years and was an ideal tenant. Suddenly, and without warning, she appeared to vanish into thin air and her rent payments ceased. After some weeks I entered the property.
The property still contained all her posessions, including personal items, clothes and even fresh food on the table. It was as though she had simply gone shopping and not returned!
Enquiries at her business, police, neighbours etc proved fruitless.
It was not until some 3-4 months later that I learned from a chance conversation that she may have been having difficulties with her residency status. Subsequent enquiries confirmed that she had been taken into custody by the Home Office and deported to Turkey.
As I was not informed of the action by the Home Office, I was unable to attempt to relet the property and lost rent of some 3000. Do I have a claim against the HO for lost rent?
10/08/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband