FSD Compliant Cookers

You are here : Member Forums Other FSD Compliant Cookers
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
E
Exeter HMO
2 Posts
0 Thanks
I am wondering if you can help with the confusion I have encountered trying to purchase a new gas cooker for a HMO property I own. The existing cooker which came with the property when I purchased it about 10 monthes ago recently passed the gas certificate issued by a Corgi registered gas man, then a couple of days later my tenants reported that the oven burners would not remain lit after initial ignition. The cooker is at least 5 years old and is beginning to look a little rough, so I decided now would be a good time to replace it.

I have been told by retailers that new regulations by Corgi which took effect in Jan of this year make it mandatory to have an FSD (Flame Supression Device) compliant cooker for multiple occupancy rentals (and in fact for any cooker purchased for a flat - rental unit or not). This was advised to me by staff at Curry's, Comet, and Tesco's online site. I contacted my Corgi gas man and he said this was in fact the case. I then contacted your (RLA) help line and was told you knew nothing about it?? Since then I have talked to CORGI directly and they confirmed this to me in an email. They also kindly sent me a list of manufactures and models which are compliant. The problem is that now instead of replacing my cooker with a like for like model for about 180 + installation I must now spend 380 + installation for the least expensive FSD compliant model.

Would you be able to confirm that this CORGI regulation applies to HMO's and why CORGI has brought it in this year, when most manufactures have not incorporated it into there lower cost models.

As a matter of interest the two Curry's shops and the one Comet shop did not stock any FSD complient models of the size I require (50cm-wide) and I was told there would be a long lead time??

Any advice you can offer would be appriciated.

Regards,
Ian Ireland

02/07/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions