Landlords responsibilty for gas used by tenants

You are here : Member Forums Other Landlords responsibilty for gas used by tenants
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
6 Posts
0 Thanks
In 1998 my house was converted into 3 flats and a separate gas meter was installed by Transgo for each flat.The problem only relates to one flat. This has been let continously since 1998 to about 6 different tenants.About 4 years ago a new tenant said he had never received a gas bill . I rang Transgo and they said the meter had never been registered by them. They told me to contact EDF who were dealing with the flat below and get them to register the meter. I contacted EDF by phone and e-mail ( I have retained copies of the e-mails) a number of times and they promised to come and register the meter. To my knowledge they have never done so.
Am I in any way responsible for the gas used.? The local council must ahve a record of the tenants since they were paying council tax on the flat.
25/10/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband