Applied for HMO. officer demands completly secure escape route

You are here : Member Forums HMO Licensing Applied for HMO. officer demands completly secure escape route
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
mbbs007
7 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a 3 storey town house, the bottom floor has two ensuite rooms and common kitchen for them. The second floor is open floor with enclosed kitchen and the third contains 3 rooms and bathroom.all regulations complied with;fire doors with self closures, mains linked alarm systems and fire entinguishers and fire blankets. HMO officer insists on puting a partion on the second floor as secure route. my argument is that the second and top floor are occupied by family and the bottom floor by two seperate persons. Same house occupied by family does not require this safe passage so whats changed if only the bottom floor is rented separatly the top is still family. Do I have grounds for a tribunal request otherwise it will reduce the size of the living room for the family significantly. please point me the right direction or enlighten me. thanks in advance
04/01/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband