change of lock to front door

You are here : Member Forums Other change of lock to front door
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
mathilda
34 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,
I got a letter from a company that was called to change the lock to the front door of my rented property, demanding a payment of 222.00. I was confused as I had not a clue of what had happened.So I called the company to find out if they had the address right. They sent photographs of my property to me via email. It was indeed my rented property. I called the tenant to find out what was going on. It turned out that she had a fall out with her boy friend who she claimed threatened to beat her so she called the polic.A fter taking the guy out the police ordered the company(locksmiths) to change the lock. Noew the company is persuing me for the payment of the 222.00 and threatening to take me to court. The boy friend of my tenant is not part of the tenancy agreement. My tenant says she has'nt got money to pay. Am I legally responsible for this debt? I would have used my own carpenter if I was informed of the need to change the lock, but I was not told of given the opportunity. What are my rights and obligations here?
Any advice plus comments will be highly appreciated.
Mathilda
21/08/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband