payment of housing benefit direct to landlords

You are here : Member Forums Other payment of housing benefit direct to landlords
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
andcob
6 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi

I am having trouble receiving housing benefit from my tenant. He has been receiving housing benefit for a few months now, but not passing the monies on to me.

As a result, on 2nd October I contacted the council and arranged for them to pay the rent direct to me. I sent through a completed landlords declaration form, and a schedule of arrears (the tenant was way in excess of 8 weeks arrears). The council said that they would therefore pay the rent direct to me as I fulfilled the requirements.

A month on (following my return from holiday) I have discovered that they have still been paying the tenant, who in turn has not paid me. I spoke to the council telling them that they should have been paying me since 2nd october, when I made my claim, but they have stated that they can only pay me from this point on (rather than backdating it to 2nd October), as they have already given the money to the tenant.

Can you provide me with any advice about how I can remedy this situation and ensure that the council pay the backdated money to me?

regards

Andrew Coburn

05/11/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband