Join the Residential Landlords Association


You are here : Member Forums Other Insuarance
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
52 Posts
6 Thanks
I am about to complete on a property that will have one child living in it and the other 2 rooms will be let out to 'lodgers'.

I have several other properties which generate rental income but this will be the first one I am managing actively so have not had to worry about insurance technicalities as has been organised for me.

RE Insurance - in getting a quote, which one do I go for - Landlords insurance or owner occupier, as my child is living in the property. which is the best? though if they move out in the next year or two am I better off with going for the Landlords insurance? I will insure for buildings and the contents I leave in the property but not for the individuals personal possessions (including those of my child's - have to start to learn to stand on own feet sometime!)

also how quick is this to put in place, if bought online? Once I know completion is definiately going to take place (exchange and completing on same day) can I buy this to make sure it is in place once the property is mine?

Would appreciate any advice - thanks

14/02/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions