Managing Agents Given Notice

You are here : Member Forums Other Managing Agents Given Notice
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
elbowe
3,713 Posts
1,084 Thanks
Hi All,

I have been a landlord to 9 properties in two blocks for 20 years, in addition I have run the Leasholders company (repairs, checking accounts, organising in general any issues on the floor etc) for 15 years. Up until now we paid the Freeholder 15% of the yearly service charge (15% of 38K) a year to do the accounts, send out requests for payments, chase nonpayers, do the admin, insurance and field issue calls etc etc - most issues calls where forwarded to me anyway. everything you would expect from the official side of the management of the buildings was inlcuded in the 15%. Due to the age of the guy who runs it (freeholder) he has given us notice (6 months which is fair).

How would suggest we proceed to obtain a new managing agent for us? is 15% the going rate?

Any opinions would be appreciated. Maybe I can employ my own admin person? or would advise against this?

thanks
Leslie

07/09/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions