Managing Agents Given Notice

You are here : Member Forums Other Managing Agents Given Notice
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
E
elbowe
2,919 Posts
732 Thanks
Hi All,

I have been a landlord to 9 properties in two blocks for 20 years, in addition I have run the Leasholders company (repairs, checking accounts, organising in general any issues on the floor etc) for 15 years. Up until now we paid the Freeholder 15% of the yearly service charge (15% of 38K) a year to do the accounts, send out requests for payments, chase nonpayers, do the admin, insurance and field issue calls etc etc - most issues calls where forwarded to me anyway. everything you would expect from the official side of the management of the buildings was inlcuded in the 15%. Due to the age of the guy who runs it (freeholder) he has given us notice (6 months which is fair).

How would suggest we proceed to obtain a new managing agent for us? is 15% the going rate?

Any opinions would be appreciated. Maybe I can employ my own admin person? or would advise against this?

thanks
Leslie

07/09/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband