SLC Solicitor are adding unfair charges to my service charge account

You are here : Member Forums Other SLC Solicitor are adding unfair charges to my service charge account
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Z
Zaak
10 Posts
0 Thanks
SLC Solicitor sent me a letter about my service charge arrears dated 18/12/2009, which was received on 22/09/2009. In the letter they asked me to contact them before 2pm on 24/10/2009.

I tried to call them, but it went to a voice mail and instead of leaving a voice message I sent them an email asking them I am willing to make payment on instalment. Few days later I received another letter with 140.00GBP added to my account. I spoke to someone on the phone and she told me she doesn't have access to my email and I would have to until 5th January 2010, before it is checked and the person dealing with it should be able to removed the charge.

On 05/01/2009, Anita(SLC) called me and she acknowledge on the phone about my email and phone conversation with her colleague, and demanded me to pay full amount including the additional charges. I offered to make the service charge payment in instalments, but she insisted on me making full payment of over 800.00GBP. Eventually, she agreed to take the payment in instalment, but want me to pay additional 15.00GBP per payment. I ended the conversation by saying I would seek legal advise before making any payments. She warned me to get back to her by Friday.

Is this fair? why are they adding charges when I contacted them and legally how many days notice do they have to give me before adding charges to my account?

The Property Management company Eddison(SLC's client) doesn't provide any facilities for SO or DD and they charge over 3% for card payment. I have a broken wrist for over 3 months now and I can't write any checks. Which is one of the reason why I got into arrears.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

06/01/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions