A moral Dilemma

You are here : Member Forums Other A moral Dilemma
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
CJ
110 Posts
3 Thanks

Hi,

I Just wanted fellow Landlords opinions on this one.

I have a tenant who owes me about 5000 due to various reasons, failed section 21's (we do indeed never stop learning), etc. However, court docs have come and he has s**t himself and rang me up. We have negotiated that he will move out and set up a payment plan for the arrears (might not get them back i know but jsut want the hosue back). He is currently looking for other rental properties that are considerably cheaper to rent than mine, BUT........he needs a reference.

I want my hosue back without goign through courts, I dont want to see him out on the street, but do I write him a refernece knowing that some other fellow Landlord mgiht be stuck with him. On the plus side his rent will be cheaper and I have showed him the housing benefit system so he could claim for the new proeprty, he is not a bad tenant in other ways, he has not trashed the house etc, however he does owe me cash.

Thoughts??????

20/02/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband