Insurance for breakdown of gas central heating boilers/systems

You are here : Member Forums Other Insurance for breakdown of gas central heating boilers/systems
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
7 Posts
0 Thanks
I have always meant to find out how I can protect my gas central heating boilers/systems but never got round to it. I am now faced with two boiler breakdowns and I have had to pay terrific costs to get them repaired. I have four properties in Southsea, Hants and one property in Oldham, Manchester. I insure the house in Manchester because it is far away from me here on the south coast, with a Select & Protect Breakdown cover costing 38 a month. I have never insured my four properties in Southsea to guard against breakdowns. What is the normal practice used by Landlords please? Is it wise to get these systems covered. Is there a special discount somewhere where I can insure all properties for the future? Although I have recently joined the Portsmouth Private Landlords Association and they are helpful, none of them bother to insure their boilers because they are 99% men with friends who are Corgi Engineers who repair for them as a mate, but I am a woman Landlord on my own and only employ Corgi Engineers as recommends from a Landlord at the Portsmouth Association and he is installing a Worcester Bosch boiler and two radiators for 2,300. I can't afford the full heating system of 5 rads for 3,500. Do you have any advice please?
20/02/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband