TENANCY DEPOSIT

You are here : Member Forums Other TENANCY DEPOSIT
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
6 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi

i have a scenario where i have a client who has come over to us because he has had problems with his previous letting agent. The problem has been that he has not received rent for the property for 5 months. The scenario is that he verbally told the agent not to let the property again. But instead the agent has taken a deposit and agency fees from prospective students and has now not opened up her lettings business. The deposit has not been secured and the prospective tenants have not signed a tenancy agreement but have been advised by there solicitor that they should go to court and seek payments of three times the amount from the landlord. What can we do about this. Can we let this property to other students because an agreement has not been signed and also that the landlord had told the agent verbally not to re-market the property. I await your immediate response.

Regards

S&C Sales and Lettings

15/07/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband