Property incursion

You are here : Member Forums Other Property incursion
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
pamplemousse
65 Posts
7 Thanks
Visiting one of my tenants recently, it emerged that a tenant in the same building in the basement flat, has used part of my garden to store old painted timbers probably thrown out when part of the house was re-developed. According to the freeholder who was in the house at the time, the basement tenant uses this wood for his open fireplace.

Apparently the basement tenant who I have never met, is a good tenant and also a friend of my tenant. However, I need to know where I stand legally as there may well be health and safety issues, let alone the incursion element. The wood is piled on what otherwise would be an unused flowerbed and no-one else except the basement flat would use this space much, as it is outside the garden of my own tenant's flat and in a walkway which only goes to the basement flat's back door. Nonetheless, it is not a communal area as such.

I am happy for the basement tenant to use the walkway area through my garden but not for storing timbers. I would like to know where I stand legally and what I should do to address this concern.

03/05/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions