First Time Letter
I have finally decided to let a property I have. I have never let a property before and just want to make sure that I'm covered legally. Below is a list of things I've done or am planning to do. I'd be grateful if you could confirm that I have covered the basics:
- I have a tenant I have met through work.
- I will use the standard contract from RLA
- I am getting a landlord certificate off British Gas
- I am confirming with my mortgage provider
- Do I need liability insurance in case my tenant has an accident?
- The property is a flat in a converted house. There is a communal door for 2 flats and then a personal front door for my top floor flat. I'm not sure what I need to do about fire safety if anything
- I'm planning to sign for a tenants deposit scheme
- I will give a copy of the EPC to the tenant
- I'm letting furnished
- I'm fitting smoke alarms
- I'm geting the bills in the tenants name.
Want to read more?
This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.