Management Company refusing to allow the accounts to be inspected

You are here : Member Forums Other Management Company refusing to allow the accounts to be inspected
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
mortazavi
24 Posts
0 Thanks
I own a flat in a block of flats serviced by a management company . The owner of this company is a partner in a law firm in Essex. In his Service charge he is charging for services such as gardening or communal hallway cleaning which never happen. We have been suspicious of these charges where no services are rendered for some time and have brought it to his attention with no luck.
For the last year we have asked him to make available the audited accounts for the past three years so that we can fully inspect the invoices etc for which we have been charged. He has ignored our repeated requests so far.I find this unacceptable as the person in question is a well established solicitor and a partner .
I am up to date with the service charge payments despite this.
Please advise if there is a body where we can compalin about this management company . How can we enforce an inspection of the accounts? Am I at liberty to name this person and his firm on this forum ?
05/09/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband