Tenancy early release
They sent me written 2 month notice stating their intention to leave in March.
They are good tenants and have been on time with their rent and I've had good communications with them.
Although sad to see them leave, I have verbally agreed to release them from the contract however that will depend on when I find suitable tenants to replace them as they are still liable for the full term. I've also advised them that hey will also be required to pay an additional fees incurred by myself to accommodate this early release.
My question is:
Do I have to formally reply to their request in writing setting out my terms or should I simply wait until everything is sorted and recover the funds just before they finally leave?
Although I'm trying to accommodate them I do jot want to provide any documentation that could render any prior agreement with them void.
Want to read more?
This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.