LB Merton Housing Benefit computer problems - LHA payment freeze

You are here : Member Forums Other LB Merton Housing Benefit computer problems - LHA payment freeze
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
Lenny
52 Posts
2 Thanks
Hi,

I have a tenant who receives LHA. He got into arrears and the HB now pays the money directly to me. However, due to a computer glitch, London borough of Merton HB has stopped paying me (and others). They tell me that they have hundreds of outstanding payments to make and, due to the nature of the computer error, they need to analyse and resolve each claim individually. On top of that, they have only one person processing the (large) backlog.

The payment was due on 8th June and HB will not give me a guarantee when the payment will be made. Apparently some claimants have not been paid for two months . . .

I have been calling them every other day to chase this and i told them yesterday i am going to seek compensation following consultation with my landlordís association. Hopefully this will chivvie them into some action soon.

Does anyone have any suggestions what to do in this case?
Thanks.

21/06/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband