New tenant wants a power shower installed

You are here : Member Forums Other New tenant wants a power shower installed
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
F
Formenterra
1 Posts
0 Thanks

Dear RLA,
I have owed a property for seven years and had rented the house during that time to two different tenants.

New potential tenants expressed an interest but asked if the old fashioned carpeting in the living room could be changed (the carpet was 14 years old and other potential tenants had also expressed a dislike of it) We changed it to laminate flooring and also changed the same ( green ) carpet in the bedrooms (One of which has lilac walls)to a more contemporary cream.
The new tenants moved in and one of them has complained about the poor water pressure in the shower. I spoke to me outgoing tenant who said that he tested the shower before he signed the contract and knew that the pressure was not good but and thought that the new tenants should have tested this before signing. Had I known that the shower was so important I would have considered installing a power shower and not replacing the carpets up stairs.
I have looked into the costs of installing a power shower (as there is not one in the property I am looking at about 350 to 400) Would it therefore be appropriate to say that we will install the power shower but that we would increase the rent. Current rent is 725 per month for a two bedroom house with garage with a small garden on a very pretty and well cared for estate on the outskirts of Leamington Spa, Warks. I would wish to increase the rent by 15 per month.

04/06/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband