Rent apportionment when purchasing a let property

You are here : Member Forums Other Rent apportionment when purchasing a let property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
Badger
4 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi my question is to do with how rent apportionment is worked out, after a property has been transferred to a new owner. The specific problem is to do with the fact that February has less days than other months. I understand the principle of calculating the daily rent then apportioning it according to how many days of the month the property is in your ownership. However if the rent is due on 27 Feb and completion was 5 March is it customary that the rent for the "missing days" so to speak should automatically go to the previous owner?

I would have thought that it would be fairer in such a situation if the monthly rent is divided into 28 and then apportioned accordingly. I am happy to accept whatever is the norm. I just don't want to be hoodwinked out of 86.00 for no apparent reason. Can you please advise?

08/03/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband