Problems with Insurer

You are here : Member Forums Other Problems with Insurer
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
RLA Member_297
7 Posts
2 Thanks
I have a licensed HMO property (housing 6 professional tenants) whi was struck by lightning at the beginning of July.
At this moment in time the tenants are in alternative accommodation and the Insurance Company is paying for alternative accomodation / loss of rent.
The loss adjuster (appointed by the insurance broker)initially refused to agree to the estimated costs put forward from my builder and got in his own contracting company. The scope has now bene agreed to be the same as my builder stated originally but the loss adjuster is now arguing over the cost as his company were doing things on the cheap and my builder is re-instating as the house was originally (built just 6 years ago).
Please can you advise what options I have from here. Should I get a QS involved to do a deatiled specification and, if so, does that have to go out to numerous companies? My preferred option is for my trusted builder to do the necessary work.

The insurance broker is not Rentguard but another company that many landlords will trust so this is also a warning to them to watch who they insure with.



This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
27/08/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions

Share this page